A CERTIFIED COURSE IN ‘BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES IN MEDICINE’ ─ DR. GODFREY SEARS, PSYD, NPSYP, MPP
Success in medicine is as much about excelling in ‘people skills’ as it is about excelling in medical and surgical skills!
- Prepare yourself for your career as a medical professional.
- This course is filling an important void that exists in most current medical schools’ curriculum.
- Medicine is firstly about people’s skills and secondly about medical skills.
- A course which will distinguish you as an exceptional practitioner.
- Understanding your patient’s psychological needs is key to understanding the medical problem.
- Convert the difficult patient into one of your most loyal allies.
- Understand why affability always precedes ability as far as patients are concerned.
- Skills that most retiring practitioners wished they had when they entered clinical practice!
- Course reference: PREMED AD605-BSM
- Course description: Certified Behavioral Science in Medicine Course for all Aspiring Doctors/Medical Professionals.
- Kindly note: Students who order the Behavioral Science in Medicine Course will be able to choose either the Online version – and will receive the course material link after ordering the course – OR students may order the course on CD-ROM – and 3 DVD’s.
- Credits: Earn 45 logged hours of extracurricular medical training.
- Accreditation: Recognized both nationally and internationally. The Apprentice Doctor® is a Fully-Accredited Member of the International Association for Distance Learning (IADL).
- Flexible starting date: There are no admission dates – you are free to start any day — all year round.
- Course duration: In keeping with the high-pressure medical environment, students must complete the course within 90 days (excluding shipping time- if applicable).
- Eligibility: All aspiring and practicing medical professionals – including: High School students in Grade 10-12; College level students and students busy with their pre-medical studies as well as qualified medical professionals who would like to ‘up’ their ‘people skills’.
- Assessment: Twenty multiple choice questions and 2 clinical assignments. Students first complete course – then request the Assessment Module online link when ready.
- Minimum pass grade: 70%
- Certification: Students who pass the Assessment Module will receive an Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course Certificate
COURSE TABLE OF CONTENTS
ON COMPLETING THIS COURSE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the role played by behavioral factors in human health and disease and the way these factors can be modified.
- Comprehend that disease causation extends beyond biomedical approaches and achieve better intervention outcomes.
- Examine the factors that predict your well-being, the obstacles to achieving these goals, and develop personal wellness strategies.
- Recognize patient’s risky behaviors through appropriate interventions and understand how behaviors are acquired, maintained, and eliminated in the context of health risk.
- Develop communication skills, the ability to conduct assessment, express empathy, and enhance the doctor-patient relationship to build better therapeutic relationships with your patients and increase the likelihood that patients will follow your advice.
- Recognize, understand, and effectively respond to patients as individuals, not just their symptoms, thus delivering excellent humanistic care to patients.
- Use skills of patient-centered interviewing, analyze ethical and professional dilemmas, and analyze the intricate relationship that cultural factors have with patient’s health.
- Understand the impact of stressors on illness and health in patients, the impact of addiction, and the impact of pain on patients.
- Identify key characteristics of difficult patient encounters, including personality types and stressful situations.
Your opportunity to enrich your knowledge while enhancing your career in medicine!
Hot out of the oven – registrations open!
Make use of our crazy “first 50 special”!
If you are one of the first 50 people ordering this product you will be able to get a 50% discount by using this coupon on checking out: “FIRST50” (Special ends April 30 at midnight or as long as stock lasts! T’s and C’s apply).
Behavioral Science in Medicine Course
Behavioral Science in Medicine Course on CD-ROM & 3 DVDs
Order now: $119Shipping USA and Canada 5-7 days / International shipping 2-4 weeks
I have my ‘Behavioral Science in Medicine Course’ material – what now?
1. Work systematically through the Behavioral Science in Medicine Course material (online or DVD’s). The minimum time before ordering the assessment module is 6 weeks and the maximum time allowed is 3 months. Study the Course Material – the suggested minimum study time is 45 hours.
2. When well prepared you may request the unique link to your Online Behavioral Science in Medicine Course Assessment Module. The marks allocated by our examiners are final.
3. Successful candidates will receive a printable Apprentice Doctor® Certificate with an IADL stamp — per email — usually within 7 work days.
4. Continue building your medical school portfolio using the Future Medical Professionals Portfolio Manager! We offer a variety of other interesting courses.
Dr. Godfrey Sears
Behavioral Sciences expert
(The author of the course)
The Apprentice Doctor® is a Fully-Accredited Member of
The International Association for Distance Learning (IADL)