Learn the basics and then move on to advanced techniques & methods taught by surgical specialist Dr. Anton Scheepers.
- Save tons of time. Learn x10 times faster than everyone else using the internationally accredited online suturing course from Dr. Anton Scheepers who has actively worked as a facial reconstructive surgeon for over 25 years. No need to spend time looking everywhere for the info you need. Plus, the course covers skills & topics you might not yet know to look for.
- Feel confident suturing under pressure whether it’s in the operating theater or out in the wild with The Apprentice Doctor’s suturing training course. Make yourself prepared to have a steady hand and a clear mind while suturing wounds so you can impress yourself and anyone watching. Practice what you learn while you learn. Watch step-by-step suturing tutorials, videos, and illustrations while using the 7″ x 4″ practice suturing skin pad (with veins).
- Practice & perfect your surgical skills with a 23-piece medical suture kit. It’s an all-in-one kit. Everything you need to start is already inside the suture kit, which includes fake skin, suturing instruments, and a variety of different suturing materials with needles pre-attached all in a convenient black zipper carry case (as shown in the photos.)
- Get a professional suturing simulation experience designed to do one thing: Properly train you to confidently perform (the how & when of) suturing techniques and a variety advanced surgical knot tying methods, as well as, to show you how to overcome a variety of complications commonly encountered in the world of suturing.
Note: This is the upgraded version of our suture kit, which has higher quality suturing instruments, a better suture skin model, and online suturing training modules.
- the deluxe 23-piece suturing kit
- the online suturing mastery course with step-by-step instructional training videos.
- eBook: The how to stitch-up wounds
- eBook: Guide for choosing the right suture material
- our money-back satisfaction guarantee
Suture Kit Contents
x1 Suturing instruments black zipper case
x1 Straight needle holder with latch
x1 Medium scissors (blunt/sharp)
x1 Small scissors (pointed)
x1 Scalpel (38 mm / 1 inch)
x2 Skin hooks
x1 Probe (pointed)
x1 Medium tissue forceps (rat-toothed)
x1 Small forceps (flat)
x1 Suture skills training CD-ROM (also online)
x2 Three-layered imitation skin sheets
x5 Sachets surgical sutures with needles attached
x2 Sachets of 3/0 silk braided sutures
x2 Sachets of 3/0 nylon monofilament sutures
x1 Suture Sachet 3/0 chromic catgut absorbable
x3 Silk suture thread rolls
x2 Sachets of x6 half-circle no. 16 eyed suturing needles
Training & Tutorials
You will learn:
How to remove sutures (the correct technique)
How to correctly line up wound margins
How to evert a wound’s edges when suturing and why that’s important
How to correct the “dog’s ear” suturing defect
How to avoid ugly scars
The best way to professionally care for wounds
The correct techniques for holding your suturing instruments
How to treat wounds aseptically to minimize the chance of infection
The complications of suturing and how to prevent them
Real world suturing case studies
How to tie various surgical knots:
1. a square knot
2. a granny’s knot
3. a surgeon’s knot
How to tie surgical knots using:
Hand tying methods
1-handed instrument methods
2-handed instrument methods
How to place:
1. subcutaneous sutures
2. interrupted sutures
3. interrupted sutures with buried knots
4. continuous sutures
5. continuous interrupted sutures
6. horizontal mattress sutures
7. vertical mattress sutures
8. “far-and-near” sutures
9. continuous subcuticular sutures
10. purse string sutures
Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee
- Free returns for 30 days after purchase.
- 100% refund on unopened kits.
- 50% refund on used kits.
View Our Reviews On TrustSpot
Reliable Simulation Products
The Apprentice Doctor® has been nominated as one of the “Top 10 Healthcare Simulation Solution Providers in 2018” by the high profile Healthcare Tech Outlook Magazine!
Looking for a great Suture Kit?
Does any other kit offer all of the following? The Apprentice Doctor Suturing Course and Kit does!
- A complete Suturing Kit with all the items required to master
- All the basic surgical knots
- Twelve basic suturing techniques
- An international accredited suturing course
- An assessment module with qualified medical professionals as examiners
- An internationally accredited certificate for displaying or to add to your resume
- The assessment gives a measurable outcome on the level of skills mastering
- Suturing kit designed and course written by an experienced OMF- Surgeon
- Over 50 000 students have been trained in basic suturing skills by the Dr Anton Scheepers proven methods.
Consider all of this before buying any other kit or piece of skin The Apprentice Doctor® System is ideal for teaching groups of students e.g. paramedic, PA students the art and science of suturing and ideal for medical professionals who want to refresh their suturing skills after a period of inactivity in this field.