The Apprentice Doctor® is Associated with the Prestigious *Envision-Experience Advanced Medical Programs in Baltimore MD
*National Youth Leadership Forum: Advanced Medicine & Health Care
Experience the Ultimate, Advanced Medical Program. Do Not Miss This for Anything!
Attendees of previous Programs having a great time!
Apprentice Doctor® Real hands-on medical skills practical workshops:
Workshop 1: Hands Hygiene in a Clinical Setting
Workshop 2: How to Scrub for Surgery
Workshop 3: Suturing Workshop How to Tie Surgical Knots and Suture Wounds
Workshop 4: Closed Reduction of a Fractured Bone using a POP cast
Workshop 5: Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of a Fractured Bone
Also includes an amazing Virtual Surgery experience – the closest you will get to performing real surgery before qualifying as a surgeon!
Other Workshops and activities: Many other Interesting Practicals, Lectures by staff of the Johns Hopkins University Medical School
Get More Information – or Enroll!
To all prospective medical professionals in grade 10 to 12: Come and enjoy a week dedicated to your future career in medicine – learning and doing a large variety of medical things. Included in the program are a number of Apprentice Doctor Workshops – like: Sterility and Aseptic Technique – Scrub for Surgery, Surgical Knot Tying and Suturing, Open and Closed Reduction Techniques to set a fractured long bone.
Getting into Medical school is highly competitive!
The days of getting into medical school with only top grades to offer are forever gone – students need to load their resume with a lot more – they must convince the selection committee that they are REALLY serious about becoming a doctor by adding the extras that will distinguish them from the average applicant. Prof Andrew Mason – Selection committee various Med Schools
10 reasons why you should attend The Envision-Experience Advanced Medical Program:
- This 10 days of medical immersion is sure to look impressive on your med school portfolio / resume
- Prepare yourself with numerous clinical medical and surgical skills
- Learn “How to Suture a Wounds” the same training that numerous medical students are getting
- Visit a Simulation Lab and get a hands-on experience
- Add an accredited Apprentice Doctor® certificate to your resume
- Get High School premedical academic credits
- Meet like minded students and exchange ideas and information
- You will be able to scrub up for surgery
- Get emergency medicine training
Overall student satisfaction rating an incredible 95% for the 2018 programs!
- Learn how to care for wounds and how to suture wounds like a surgeon.
- Take part in a emergency medicine practical session.
- Be in a Scrubs Workshop, where you will learn the basic principles of sterility, asepsis and scrubbing, and where you will ‘glove and gown’ like a real surgeon!
- Real patient case studies with in depth discussions.
- Launch a career as a medical professional!
- Connect and make friends for life with other young people from across the world who are also pursuing a career in medicine.
- Increase your chances of being successfully accepted and in a premedical course and later on in medical school.
- Get information and guidance on a variety of medical/healthcare careers.
- Make perfectly sure that a career in medicine/healthcare is meant for you.
At the end of the program students receive an Envision Advanced Medicine Program Attendance Certificate
Attendees: Maximum workshop group size is 30 students to ensure individual attention and maximizing the collaborative learning experience.
Venue: University of Johns Hopkins University Campus, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Duration: Ten Incredible Days of ‘Medical Immersion,’ Daily classes run from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Choose one of these 2019 programs:
Program 1: June 15-24
Program 2: July 14-23
Program 3: July 3-July 12
Security: Extensive Camp and Campus security protocol is in place. Police emergency beacons in place all-over the campus!