8 – 11 January 2021
If you want to become a great medical professional – do not miss this for anything!
Attention all aspiring medical professionals in grade 10-12, and post matric!
Venue: Future Doctors Academy, 17 Fore Street, New Redruth, Alberton, Gauteng, South Africa 1449
Type: Day Students Only (Close-by accommodation available)
Classification: Accredited Medical and Surgical Skills Program
Dates: 8-11 Jnauary 2021 (Four days of intensive medical training)
Booking status: OPEN
Registrations close: 13 December 2020
Eligibility: High School students in Grade 10 to 12 and post-matric aspiring medical professionals (South Africa and neighboring states)
Program fee: R4995 (payable on receiving ‘acceptance to program’ notification, and no later than 15 December 2020)
The fee includes the following:
- Tuition (Apprentice Doctor® Future Doctors Foundation Course): Four days of packed medical tuition, various of medical and surgical workshops.
- The For Future Doctors Course and Medical Kit as well as other medical items.
- The use of our Apprentice Doctor® Medical Simulation Lab, mannequins as well as other professional medical instruments and items.
- The S.A.R.C. BLS (Basic Life Support) Workshop. The S.A.R.C./BLS (South African Resuscitation Council) Certified Course/Workshop by S.A.R.C. accredited instructors.
- Meals: Lunch, tea coffee and snacks are included. Breakfast is NOT included.
Note: students who have their own Future Doctors Kits qualify for a R300 discount and students who has a valid S.A.R.C. – BLS certificate (valid for 2 years) will qualify for a R1000 discount, and may leave the program after lunch on the last program day (just before the S.A.R.C. – BLS Workshop).
Accommodation: This is a day-program. Accommodation not included. We can recommend close-by B&B’s on request
The Apprentice Doctor® Presents the Ultimate, Accredited Premedical Programs/Workshops.
Do Not Miss This for Anything!
The program will be at the Head Office of the Future Doctors Academy in Alberton, Gauteng South Africa!
Attendees of previous Programs having a great time!
Hands-on workshops offered in the 4 days:
- Emergency medicine (Including the certified S.A.R.C. – BLS Workshop)
- Hand hygiene
- Donning and doffing gloves
- Scrub for surgery
- Heart sounds workshop
- Pulse Oximetry
- Suture Wounds
- Phlebotomy and IV-Skills
- Basic surgical skills
- Orthopedic workshop
- Fractured long bone – closed reduction
- Fractured long bone – open reduction and internal fixation
- And more…
- Students will do the internationally recognized South African Resuscitation Council’s Basic Life Support, Certified Course (S.A.R.C. B.L.S.) as part of the Apprentice Doctor Program Basic Life Support – adults, toddler and babies – certification valid for 2 full years. This is simply a ‘must’ for ALL aspiring and practicing medical professionals and healthcare providers!
REGISTRATIONS OPEN (These programs are often oversubscribed – thus register without delay!)
REGISTER NOW (8, 9, 10, and 11 January 2021)
Please ONLY register if you are serious about becoming a medical professional! Successful students will receive an acceptance to the Alberton Future Doctors Program – per email soon after closing date of 13 December 2020.
Other International Apprentice Doctor® or associated programs:
USA – Baltimore MD: The Envision Advanced Medical Program 2019
USA – Tampa FL: The BE.S.T. Academy Future Doctors Program 2019
USA – Boone NC: The Appalachian State University Program 2019
Australia – Perth WA: The Scitech Future Doctors Program (2017 and 2018)
Terms and conditions:
Important: The selection of individual students is solely the judgement of the Apprentice Doctor® or person/s appointed by the Apprentice Doctor® for the purpose of selecting applicants. The decision regarding the selection or rejection of specific applicants is final and NO discussion will be accepted/entertained in this regard.
As the Apprentice Doctor® – Future Doctors Programs are very popular and oversubscribed – we simply accept a limited number of applications and regretfully even some great applications could very well be in the not-accepted category.
The Apprentice Doctor® Program Certificate can be added to your university/Medical School Portfolio. The Apprentice Doctor® do not guarantee acceptance to any medical program/school – as this is solely the discretion of the selection committees of the various academic institutions.
Cancellations: Cancellations before 1 December 2020 full refund less the registration fee of R500. Cancellations before 13 December: 50% refund and cancellations after 14 December 2020 – NO REFUND (judgement of the organizers will apply in cases of serious illness and death in the family).
Common Questions and Answers:
I am in Grade 10, and I want to study medicine – but I am unsure. Will this program help me to finale my decision? From our experience a define “yes.” After attending one of our programs most students are super enthused – but a few realize that they would rather follow an alternative career. Both groups are better off at the end of the program.
Will this open the doors to medical school for me? There are a lot of requirements needed for successfully applying to medical schools – like good academic grades, good NBT results, etc. Adding the Future Doctors Academy Course Certificate to your resume will add value (32 credit hours of extracurricular activities).
Kindly note: the Apprentice Corporation does not have any special arrangements with any specific individual medical schools, and we under no circumstances can guarantee (or imply) that this course certificate will ensure success regarding an individual’s application to attend any educational institution’s program.
Due to covid19 I haven’t been able to shadow medical professionals – will this count as shadowing hours?
The majority of medical schools will consider alternative clinical experiences like:
Simulation medical and surgical skills courses: complete as many medical and surgical simulation courses as possible, for instance: American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support (BLS), Stop the Bleed (STB), First Aid (various levels), and as many of the Future Doctors Courses (Suturing, Phlebotomy, Basic Surgical Skills, Aseptic Technique, etc.)
Alternative clinical experiences:
Hospice volunteer. Assist a Hospice as a volunteer and learn how to deal with the realities of death.
Caretaker. A caretaker assists families with very sick family members with day to day needs.
Note: It is the student’s/parent’s responsibility to check with the relevant academic institution regarding their policy regarding shadowing during the covid19 pandemic.
Are you a university? No the Apprentice Corporation with the brand name the Apprentice Doctor® is a private institution and not associated with any mainstream medical school or medical program. One cannot study to be any registered medical professional with any of the Apprentice Doctor® courses.
I failed matric – can I do your course? Can I become a doctor? If you redo your matric and get high marks for maths and all the science subjects (physical science, chemistry and biological sciences as well as English) you may stand a chance of applying to medical school (presuming you have further evidence like job shadowing at a hospital for instance) in place. If you do not stand academically strong your application to medical school is likely to fail!
Is this a free program? No, unfortunately not – the course fee is a prerequisite of attending the course.
Do you have a job for me? No.
- This program does NOT qualify one as any type of medical professional. Attendees at the end of the program may not practice or sell their skills to any other person.
- This program is NOT a guarantee of acceptance to any medical or medical professional school. The Apprentice Corporation has no special arrangement with any medical or medical professional school.
- Successful students will get an accredited Attendance Certificate for 32 medical training credit hours, and are welcome to add this certificate to any career application. It is the individual school’s prerogative on how much weight they will attache to the certificate (if any).