27 September – 30 September, 2019
If you want to become a great medical professional – do not miss this for anything!
Attention all aspiring medical professionals in grades 10-12 (and post grade 12)!
Venue: Waverley Medical Training Centre
799 Spioenkop Steet, Waverley, Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa 0186
Type: Day Students Only (Close-by accommodation available)
Classification: Accredited Medical and Surgical Skills Program
Dates: 27 September – 30 September 2019 (daily 8.00 – 16.30)
Registrations status: OPEN
Registrations close: 1 September 2019
Eligibility: High School students (South Africa and neighboring states) in Grade 10 to 12 (and post-matric students)
Program Fee: R4950 (payable on receiving ‘acceptance to program’ notification, and no later than 18 September 2019)
The fee includes the following:
- Tuition (Apprentice Doctor® Future Doctors Foundation Course): Four days of packed medical tuition, various of medical and surgical workshops.
- The For Future Doctors Course and Medical Kit as well as other medical items (valued at R1200).
- The use of our Apprentice Doctor® Medical Simulation Lab, mannequins as well as other professional medical instruments and items.
- The AHA-BLS Workshop. The AHA/BLS (American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support) Certified Course/Workshop by AHA accredited instructors (valued at R1300).
- Meals: Lunch, tea coffee and snacks are included. Breakfast is NOT included.
Note: students who have their own Future Doctors Kits qualify for a R300 discount and students who has a valid AHA-BLS certificate (valid for 2 years) will qualify for a R1000 discount, and may leave the program after lunch on the last program day (just before the AHA-BLS Workshop).
Accommodation: This is a day-program. Accommodation not included. We can recommend close-by B&B’s on request
The Apprentice Doctor® Presents the Ultimate, Accredited Premedical Programs/Workshops.
Do Not Miss This for Anything!
Students will do the internationally recognized American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support, Certified Course (AHA-BLS) as part of the Apprentice Doctor Program
Basic Life Support – adults, toddler and babies – certification valid for 2 full years. This is simply a ‘must’ for ALL aspiring and practicing medical professionals and healthcare providers!
The program will be at the Future Doctors Academy in Pretoria, campus!
Hands-on workshops offered in the 4 days:
- Emergency medicine
- Hand hygiene
- Donning and doffing gloves
- Scrub for surgery
- Heart sounds workshop
- Pulse Oximetry
- Suture Wounds
- Phlebotomy and IV-Skills
- Basic surgical skills
- Orthopedic workshop
- Fractured long bone – closed reduction
- Fractured long bone – open reduction and internal fixation
- And more…
Important: Although not a prerequisite – it is highly recommended that students register for the Future Doctors Online Course in preparation of attending this popular and esteemed course for Future Doctors/Medical Professionals: Click Here for more information. Students who have completed this course will be given preference on selection for this program.
Students will receive an acceptance to the Pretoria Future Doctors Program – per email on/soon after 1 September 2019.
Other International Apprentice Doctor® or associated programs:
USA – Baltimore MD: The Envision Advanced Medical Program 2019
USA – Tampa FL: The BE.S.T. Academy Future Doctors Program 2019
USA – Boone NC: The Appalachian State University Program 2019
Australia – Perth WA: The Scitech Future Doctors Program (2017 and 2018)
Terms and conditions:
Important: The selection of individual students is solely the judgement of the Apprentice Doctor® or person/s appointed by the Apprentice Doctor® for the purpose of selecting applicants. The decision regarding the selection or rejection of specific applicants is final and NO discussion will be accepted/entertained in this regard.
As the Apprentice Doctor® – Future Doctors Programs are very popular and oversubscribed – we simply accept a limited number of applications and regretfully even some great applications could very well be in the not-accepted category.
Payment due date: On or before 8 September 2019 (by the end of day). Bank information will be supplied to successful candidates per email.
Cancellations: Cancellations before 8 September full refund less an administration fee of R500. Cancellations after 15 September : 50% refund and cancellations after 22 September 2019 – NO REFUND (judgement of the organizers will apply in cases of serious illness and death in the family).
Credit: Credit facilities are strictly controlled by South African financial laws. The Apprentice Doctor® is not a registered financial services provider and are thus legally not permitted to offer credit facilities.
- This program does NOT qualify one as any type of medical professional. Attendees at the end of the program may not practice or sell their skills to any other person.
- This program is NOT a guarantee of acceptance to any medical or medical professional school. The Apprentice Corporation has no special arrangement with any medical or medical professional school.
- Successful students will get an Attendance Certificate accredited by the International Association of Distance Learning (IADL) for 32 medical training credit hours, and are welcome to add this certificate to any career application. It is the individual school’s prerogative on how much weight they will attache to the certificate (if any).
Successful candidates will receive a letter of acceptance per email – as per application form.