Orthopedic Course with Simulation Kit
Pre-release alert: An amazing basic surgical and orthopedic skills experience!
Gain Dozens of Surgical Skills / Gain Tons of Orthopedic Skills!
- Perform amazingly realistic simulation surgery
- Get practical experience and insight into basic surgical principles
- Suture the surgical wound in layers
- Practice various open and closed reduction methods
- Get an IADL approved certificate for Orthopedic training to add to your portfolio
- Practice at home or wherever you are!
- Get your Apprentice Doctor® Orthopedic Simulation Course and Kit today!
- Course reference: PREMED AD606-B
- Short description: Certified Basic Orthopedic Surgical Skills Course
- Course material available: Online (receive link after ordering the Future Doctors Orthopedic Course and Kit).
- Credits: Earn 60 credit-hours of Orthopedic Surgery training.
- Accreditation: International Association for Distance Learning (IADL) – recognized nationally and internationally .
- NGSS: Aligned with recommended “Next Generation Science Standards”
- Flexible starting date: Start any day — all year round.
- Course duration: Students get 90 days for completing the course (excluding shipping time).
- Eligibility: A wide range of medical professional students who wants to acquire basic surgical and orthopedic skill – including junior orthopedic residents, medical students, PA students and many more!
- Assessment: Twenty multiple choice questions and 2 clinical assignments. Students first complete course – then request the Assessment Module online link when ready.
- Minimum pass grade: 75%
- Certification: Students who pass the Assessment Module will receive an *Apprentice Doctor® Future Doctors Orthopedic Surgery Skills Certificate
Ideal for group training: Students preparing for an Open Reduction and Internal Fixation Workshop
An Illustrated Hands-on Basic Surgical Skills and Orthopedic Course with Accompanying Simulation Kit
Use the Apprentice Doctor® Orthopedic Kit to complete the Future Doctors Orthopedic Course!
The Apprentice Doctor® Orthopedic Kit usually ships within 24-48 hours, and the Future Doctors Orthopedic Online Course will be available directly after ordering (not applicable on pre-ordering)
Have a look at the list of amazing practical projects that you may choose from (note – some are in the development phase):
PRACTICAL ORTHOPEDIC PROJECTS
Reduction of fractures through manipulation and immobilization
Project CR1: The emergency management of a fracture
Project CR2a: Closed reduction of a fracture using a fiberglass cast
Project CR2b: Closed reduction of a fracture using plaster of Paris (POP) cast
Reduction of fractures of a long bone using ORIF
Project OR1: Open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF) of a long bone fracture ─ using monocortical screws
Project OR2: Open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF) of a long bone fracture ─ using bicortical screws
Project OR3: Remove plates and screws
Other reduction projects (in development):
Project OR4: Fixation of a fracture ─ using stainless steel wires
Project OR5: Fixation of a fracture using intra-medullary rods
Project OR6: Fixation of an animal cadaver fracture
Project OR7: Fixation of fracture using Sawbones
Project OR8: Fixation of a fracture using external fixators
Project OR9: Repair a fracture using bone grafting
Research project ideas:
Project RI1 A comparative study of the post-operative bone strength of a fixated long bone fracture
Project RI2 Design a research project using Sawbones
Project RI3 Compare the wound strength using a variety of suturing techniques
Scheduled for release in September 2017
A product by:
Your Simulation Lab in a box!
One of the highlights of the Envision-Experience Advanced Medical Programs!
Pre-order your course and kit and pay $99.50 instead of the release price of $199
(Apply coupon code: ‘FIRST51’ to qualify for the discounter price)
The Apprentice Doctor® Orthopedic Course and Kit will be shipped to you not later than the end of September 2017!
The Future Doctors Orthopedic Course is an International Association of Distance Learning (IADL) approved, certified course and the Future Doctors Academy is an accredited member of the IADL.