The IV Phlebotomy Practice Arm lets you:
- Practice & perfect – IV, phlebotomy, & venipuncture procedures.
- Become an expert – Build your expertise using an anatomically accurate practice arm.
- Realistic experience – It feels just like the real thing. There is a give-feel effect when entering the vein.
- Run realistic training events – Practice your venipuncture skills in a realistic setting using the durable arm.
The objectives of the venipuncture kit’s course in phlebotomy are to assist students in mastering the basic injection, phlebotomy & IV skills. The course also covers topics such as collecting various samples for the laboratory, donating blood, injecting local anesthetics.
- Become an expert in venipuncture and intravenous (IV) techniques before being exposed to a real-life situation.
- The venipuncture kit includes the medical instruments you will need to practice the 30 step-by-step practical projects. The course explains the art and science of phlebotomy, setting up an IV-line, & related skills. Most importantly, the Venipuncture Trainer & Phlebotomy Kit give students the opportunity to practice these skills before entering a clinical setting.
- The course gives you the opportunity to perfect skills that virtually all medical professionals need to know and get it 100% right without having to risk working on a real patient or end up looking incompetent in front of colleagues.
IV Phlebotomy Training Arm
Ideal for Phlebotomy and Venipuncture Practice
- High level of realism. Our simulation arm has the anatomically accurate venous anatomy for both dorsal (back of the hand) & ventral (cubital fossa) surfaces. The veins are palpable & partially visible & provide a give-feel effect when entering the vein so you feel like you are treating a live patient. The realistic touch & feel of the phlebotomy training arm make it perfect for phlebotomy instruction & student practice. Get a real hands-on learning experience.
- Good quality, highly durable. The phlebotomy arm has a durable design that lasts. The same puncture site of the skin can withstand hundreds of punctures when using small gauge needles. Our iv practice arm’s skin automatically reseals after each needle stick & the sealing process strengthens over time, so after a few months in storage, you can often use the arm a second or third year. Our iv practice arms are often used in group training environments & can be used over and over again.
The Phlebotomy Training Arm includes:
- Arm with two clips (x1)
- Metal stand (x1)
- IV tube – adult (x1)
- IV fluid bottle (x2)
- One butterfly needle
- One syringe
- Connector (x2)
Venipuncture Kit and Training Course
On completion of the phlebotomy and IV skills course, students will have gained:
The following skills:
- Collecting capillary blood
- Drawing venous blood (various techniques)
- Drawing arterial blood
- Giving a subcutaneous injection
- Giving an intramuscular injection
- You will receive basic information regarding other specimens (excluding blood) received by the medical technology lab (e.g. urine, sputum, & pus)
- You will understand how to deal with common and uncommon complications of venipuncture
An understanding of:
- The importance of taking a medical history before performing any invasive procedures
- The importance of adhering to basic principles of sterility & asepsis
- The items used to perform a venipuncture procedure & putting up an IV line
- The basic principles of venipuncture
- The basic principles of putting up an IV line
- Various techniques of drawing venous, arterial, & capillary blood.
- Various types of injections (e.g. local & regional anesthetic injections)
The Kit’s Contents
- DVD-ROM or USB Flash Drive (PC & Mac compatible – Computers only, not for your TV’s DVD-Player).
- Access to the online version of the phlebotomy course for 12 months
- The Venipuncture Ebook
Basic Phlebotomy Mini Arm
- A simple, but effective, Venipuncture Trainer is included.
- Lumen stoppers/connectors
- Syringe 0.5ml (pre-assembled with 30G needle)
- Syringe 5ml
- Syringe 10 ml
- Syringe needles 22 Gauge
- Syringe needles 20 Gauge
- Syringe needles 18 Gauge
- Safety needles 21 Gauge – engineered to minimize real time risk
- Catheter – device for transferring IV fluid and medication into a vein
- IV catheter 22 Gauge
- IV catheter 20 Gauge
- Butterflies – flexible tube with winged needle for injections
- Small IV fluid package (100 ml saline or dextrose). IV Projects: use the clear IV fluid. Phlebotomy projects:make fake blood by adding red food colorant (not supplied in the kit).
- IV Lines – IV tubing for conducting IV fluid from IV bag to trainer
- IV line – adult
- IV line – child
Vials & Vacuum Tubes
- Vials – to demonstrate how to open and draw up fluid from glass or plastic
- Glass vial – 10ml saline or sterile water
- Plastic vial – 10ml normal saline or sterile water
- Vacuum container hub (regular) – dedicated phlebotomy device for holding vacuum tubes
- Vacuum container needles (regular) –dedicated needles connect to a vacuum container hub
- Plain vacuum tubes – Color coded vacuum tubes for collecting blood
- Vacuum container hub with safety needle pre-assembled – device with a safety needle connected and holding a vacuum tube
- Lancets – for piercing the skin to sample capillary blood
- Lancets – safety
- Lancets – regular
- Tourniquets – Reduce or stop venous return, to engorge veins
- Tourniquet (re-usable)
- Tourniquet (disposable)
- Tournistrip® (use once-only)
- Tegaderm™ or equivalent – dressing often used after setting up IV
- One skin marker pen – for marking venous or arterial anatomy
- Alcohol prep swabs – to aseptically prepare the skin for procedures
- Clean gauze squares – used for cleaning or as a dry dressing
- Cotton swabs – used for cleaning or as a dry dressing
- Roll of strapping – to secure, e.g., dressings or IV tubes
- Work surface cover – clean, waterproof cover for procedures
- Gloves (non-Latex) – use to prevent cross infection
- Sharps waste container – to safely dispose of potentially hazardous items and materials
- Lab requisition forms –for requesting blood tests or other laboratory tests
- Various forms and illustrations – use while studying the course material