A Simply Amazing Opportunity for All Aspiring Doctors!
Program Type: Day Students
Venue: Harry Perkins Institute for Medical Research, Nedlands, Perth, Western Australia (to be finalized)
Classification: Accredited Intensive Medical and Surgical Skills Program
Dates: 15 – 19 January , 2018 (to be finalized)
Booking status: Registrations Open
Eligibility: Exclusively High School Students (Grade 10 – 12) living/studying in Australia (preference WA)
(Maximum 20 – 30 selected students to ensure effective mentoring)
Tuition Fee*: AUD 695 (±USD 550)
Registrations close: November 1, 2017
*Includes 5 days of intensive medical mentoring, a variety of medical instruments and items, lunch and tea/coffee.
Attention: All aspiring doctors / medical professionals:
Would you like to know if a career in medicine is really for you?
Do you have what it takes to become a successful medical professional?
Attendees of previous Programs having a great time!
10 reasons why you should attend The Apprentice Doctor’s Pre Medical Camp:
- A week of medical immersion is sure to impress any pre medical program/medical school selection committee
- Prepare yourself with numerous clinical skills
- Learn “How to Suture a Wound” the same training that numerous medical students are getting
- Visit a Simulation Lab and get a hands-on experience
- Add an accredited Apprentice Doctor® certificate to your resume
- Get High School premedical academic credits
- Meet like minded students and exchange ideas and information
- Get the opportunity to start an Apprentice Doctor Chapter or Club at your school
- You will be able to scrub up for surgery – making a visit to the O.R. a more meaningful experience
- Get emergency medicine training
Let Dr Anton Scheepers and the Scitech team mentor you during a variety of medical and surgical skills workshops:
- Sterility and hygiene in a healthcare setting
- Scrub for surgery
- Venipuncture (Phlebotomy and IV-Skills)
- Surgical knot tying
- Suture Wounds
- Pulse Oximetry
- Heart Sounds
- Basic Surgical skills
- Fracture Reduction
- And more!
I would recommend this camp to anyone interested in the medical field.
Dr Anton really knew his stuff and was a great teacher. The hands-on activities and field trips were all fun.
Get the feeling of real med school.
I would recommend this camp to anyone interested in pursuing a career in any medical field.
This camp is a great way to gain information in a short period of time. Great activities and the doctors are excellent!
I learned a lot and was more encouraged to keep my mind on my medical career.
Dr Anton was an especially superb teacher. I enjoyed his vast amount of knowledge, and all the information I learned during camp.
The camp was very interesting. I learned about a lot of new tools and techniques used in the field of medicine, I also learned a lot of new vocabulary for parts of the body.
Regardless of current knowledge, if you are interested in the medical field you will enjoy this interactive process at the apprentice doctor camp.
The Apprentice Doctor® was a fun experience that allowed me to learn more about the medical field.
Getting into Medical school is highly competitive!
If you are sold out on becoming a great medial professional – you cannot afford to miss this opportunity for anything!
Registered applicants will receive invoices for the tuition fee from Scitech Discovery Science Center for the amount of AUD 695.
Looking forward seeing you there!
Dr Anton Scheepers and the Apprentice Doctor Team
In association with the Scitech Discovery Centre, Perth Australia