The Future Doctors Academy Distance Learning, Online Medical skills Program: August 2020
If you want to become a great medical professional – do not miss this for anything!
A hands-on medical experience like no other – carefully designed for home application.
Designed for aspiring future medical professionals in Grade 11, 12, as well as premed years 1-4
Attention all aspiring medical professionals in grade 10-12 and premeds at any level!
Region/Time zone: USA and Canada – Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Setting: A combination of online guidance and off-line learning
Type: Online Distance Learning
Classification: Accredited Medical and Surgical Skills Program
Dates: 10-19 August 2020
Booking status: CLOSED
Registrations close: 30 July 2020
Eligibility: High School students in Grade 10 to 12 and students at premed years 1-4 levels.
Program fee: $495 (payable on receiving ‘acceptance to program’ notification, and no later than July 31, 2020)
The fee includes the following:
- The For Future Doctors Course and Medical Kit as well as other medical items.
2. A professional medical grade FDA approved finger Pulse Oximeter
3. Access to the accredited Future Doctor Academy Online Course material.
4. Tuition (The Future Doctors Academy Foundation Course): Eight days of packed medical tuition, including multiple practical sessions and workshops.
5. The Future Doctors Academy’s accredited certificate.
Note: students who have their own Future Doctors Kits qualify for a $50 discount
The Apprentice Doctor® Presents the Ultimate, Accredited Premedical Programs/Workshops.
Do Not Miss This for Anything!
Perform > 50 fun Practical Projects at home and gain dozens of medical skills!
The Future Doctors Academy Foundation Medical Course and associated Apprentice Doctor® Medical Kit:
- Offer a glimpse into the fascinating world of medicine.
- Promote the concept of taking responsibility for one’s health.
- May very well lead to choosing a fulfilling career in one of the numerous fields of modern medicine.
After completing The Future Doctors Academy Foundation Medical Course, students should have a good understanding of:
- An understanding of medical ethics
- The importance of taking a thorough medical history
- The basic principles of conducting a medical examination
- An understanding of how to use several medical instruments and items
- The basic human anatomy and physiology of the eleven bodily systems
- The systematic approach in diagnosing diseases
- The meaning of multiple medical terms (medical terminology)
- Various careers in medicine and healthcare
In addition to this, the student will have the following healthcare/medical skills:
- Hand washing
- Applying alcohol hand-rub
- Donning and doffing gloves
Distinguish between normal and abnormal bodily sounds
- Heart sounds
- Gastro-intestinal sounds
- Respiratory sounds
- Joint sounds
The student will be able to assess a patient’s vitals
- Heat rate
- Body temperature
- Respiratory rate
- Blood pressure
The student will be able to examine various bodily parts
- The eye
- The ear
- The skin, hair, and nails
- The mouth
The student will be able to elicit neurological reflexes
- The Patellar Reflex
- The Babinski reflex
- The Pupil-light reflex
Other medical skills (perform and interpret)
- Pulse Oximetry
The student will have a working understanding of the following topics
- The body’s water balance
- The basic principles of airway management
- Emergency medicine and trauma
- Burn injuries
- Growths (tumors)
- Several metabolic diseases
- Many infectious diseases
Proposed program schedule:
Successful candidates will receive a letter of acceptance per email – as per application form
Settle the program fee here:
$495.00Add to cart
The relevant conference Zoom and Course links will follow closer to the program date via email
Accreditation and endorsements:
- Future Doctors Academy is an initiative of The Apprentice Corporation.
- The Apprentice Corporation is a member of IELA (The International E-Learning Association)
Students proudly showing their Future Doctors Academy certificates!
Terms and conditions:
Important: The selection of individual students is solely the judgement of the Apprentice Doctor® or person/s appointed by the Apprentice Doctor® for the purpose of selecting applicants. The decision regarding the selection or rejection of specific applicants is final and NO discussion will be accepted/entertained in this regard.
As the Apprentice Doctor® – Future Doctors Programs are very popular and oversubscribed – we simply accept a limited number of applications and regretfully even some great applications could very well be in the not-accepted category.
Cancellations: Cancellations before 31 July 2020 full refund less the registration fee of $50. Cancellations after 1 August 2020 – NO REFUND (judgement of the organizers will apply in cases of serious illness and death in the family).
Meet your Future Doctor Academy 2020 Online Program Team:
|Dr. Anton Scheepers
Your international program host
Practicing O&MF Surgeon
Director of the Future Doctors Academy
|Prof. Chishimba Nathan Mowa BVM, MVM, PhD
Acting Dean of the Future Doctors Academy
ASU, Boone, NC
| Dr. Dexter Frederick MD
Director of the B.E.S.T. Academy
|Mrs. Donna Burton
International Apprentice Doctor® or associated programs:
- USA – Baltimore MD: The Envision Advanced Medical Program 2017, 2018 and 2019
- USA – Tampa FL: The BE.S.T. Academy Future Doctors Program 2010 – 2019
- USA – Boone NC: The Appalachian State University Program 2015 – 2019
- Australia – Perth WA: The Scitech Future Doctors Program 2017 and 2018
- Johannesburg – South Africa: Multiple yearly programs (2010 – 2020)
- Other programs: Durham, Duke University, NC, Pretoria South Africa, Newark NJ to name just a few…
The Apprentice Corporation – leaders in medical education since 2002
Frequently asked questions:
I am in year 4 of my degree as a pre-med student. Can I apply?
Yes, indeed – if you want to gain clinical medical skills and gain medical insight, this course is for you – at any level of premedical studies.
|I am in grade 11, and I am interested in becoming a PA (physician’s assistant), is this something I can do?
Absolutely – any high school student in grades 10-12, college, and university students aiming at any medical or nursing professional career may apply.
|As it is essentially a medical skills program – how will I be able to practice these skills at home?
The course is structured, and icons will indicate practical projects suitable for self-examination and projects where students will need a test subject. The test subject can be a family member (a mother, father, brother, sister, or friend). In an academic setting, it can be a fellow student. The supervision of a responsible adult (parent, guardian, or teacher) is essential in all cases where a minor is part of this program, or where a minor is functioning as a test subject. No exceptions!
|How will I be able to practice clinical skills as I don’t have a stethoscope?
Students will receive the Apprentice Doctor® Medical Set/Kit – containing all the instruments and items required for completing the Future Doctors Academy Foundation Course.
|Will I work on my own, or will there be lectures all the time?
Registered students will interact with guiding medical professionals for 30-40 minutes in the morning and 30-40 minutes in the afternoon. For the balance of the program days, students will study the online course material and practice their clinical skills offline.
|I am a parent and want to enrich myself with medical knowledge and skills – may I apply?
Yes, you may apply. In the event of over-subscription, we will give preference to bona fide aspiring medical professionals, though.
|Will this open the doors to medical school for me?
There are a lot of requirements needed for successfully applying to medical schools – like good academic grades, good MCAT score, etc. Adding the Future Doctors academy Certificate to your resume should add value of sorts. Kindly note that the Apprentice Corporation does not have any special arrangements with any individual medical schools, and we under no circumstances can guarantee (or imply) that this course certificate will ensure success regarding an individual’s application to attend any educational institution’s program.