The Apprentice Doctor® Fracture Reduction Kit and Accredited Orthopedic Course
Illustrated hands-on basic surgical skills and orthopedic course with accompanying simulation kit. Use the orthopedic kit to complete the online future doctor’s orthopedic course! Gain dozens of basic surgical & orthopedic skills! The Future Doctors Academy Orthopedic Course and Fracture Reduction Kit are ideal for ‘basic surgical skills workshops’ to train a wide variety of medical professionals.
Apprentice Doctor® Workshops are used as part of the Envision-Experience’s Advanced Medical Programs.
Lay a solid foundation for these surgical skills:
- Basic surgical principles
- Sterility and aseptic technique
- Good lighting
- Sharps safety
- Scalpel holds
- Dissection and hemostasis
- Wound closure in layers
- Suturing and knot tying techniques
- Wound dressing
- Orthopedic principles
- Reduction, fixation and immobilization
- Casts, splints and slings
Optimal training experience – recommend 2-4 students per kit/surgical station
View this video of one of the multiple practical projects: “How to remove previously placed plates and screws.”
Ideal for both individuals as well as for group training: Students preparing for an Open Reduction and Internal Fixation Workshop
The Orthopedic Fracture Reduction Course’s Practical Projects:
Reduction of fractures through manipulation and immobilization
- Project CR1: The emergency management of a fracture
- Project CR2a: Closed reduction of a fracture using plaster of Paris (POP) cast
- Project CR2b: Closed reduction of a fracture using a fiberglass cast
Reduction of fractures of a long bone using ORIF
- Project OR1: Open reduction and internal fixation of a linear long bone fracture – Procedure 1
- Project OR2: Open reduction and internal fixation of a linear long bone fracture – Procedure 2
- Project OR3: Open reduction and internal fixation of a comminuted long bone fracture
- Project OR4: Open reduction and internal fixation of a segmental long bone fracture
- Project OR5: Remove plates and screws
Reduction of fractures using wire or implants
- Projects in development phase:
- Project OR6: Fixation of a longitudinal fracture using lag screws
- Project OR7: Fixation of a fracture using stainless steel wires
- Project OR8: Fixation of a fracture using intra-medullary rods
- Project OR9: Fixation of an animal cadaver fracture
- Project OR10: Fixation of fractures using Sawbones
- Project OR11: Fixation of a fracture using external fixators
- Project OR12: Repair a fracture using a bone graft
- Project OR13: Repair a fractured mandible
Research project ideas:
- Project RI1 A Comparative study of the post-operative bone strength of a fixated long bone fracture
- Project RI2 Design a research project using Sawbones
- Project RI3 Compare the wound strength using a variety of suturing techniques
Your Simulation Lab in a box!
All Fracture Kits are issued with one Linear Fracture Simulation Arm
- Course reference: MED AD606-ORTHO
- Short description: Certified Basic Orthopedic Surgical Skills Course
- Course material available: Online only (receive link after ordering the Future Doctors Orthopedic Course and Kit).
- Credits: Earn 60 credit-hours of Orthopedic Surgery training.
- NGSS: Aligned with recommended “Next Generation Science Standards”
- Flexible starting date: Start any day — all year round.
- Course duration: Students get 90 days for completing the course (excluding shipping time).
- Eligibility: A wide range of medical professional students who wants to acquire basic surgical and orthopedic skill – including junior orthopedic residents, medical students, PA students, paramedics and many more!
- Assessment: Twenty multiple choice questions and 2 clinical assignments. Students first complete course – then request the Assessment Module online link when ready.
- Minimum pass grade: 75%
- Certification: Students who pass the Assessment Module will receive an *Apprentice Doctor® Future Doctors Orthopedic Surgery Skills Certificate