The Apprentice Doctor® Fracture Reduction Kit and Accredited Orthopedic Course
Illustrated hands-on basic surgical skills and orthopedic course with accompanying simulation kit. Use the orthopedic kit to complete the online future doctor’s orthopedic course! Gain dozens of basic surgical & orthopedic skills! The Future Doctors Academy Orthopedic Course and Fracture Reduction Kit are ideal for ‘basic surgical skills workshops’ to train a wide variety of medical professionals.
Lay a solid foundation for these surgical skills:
- Basic surgical principles
- Sterility and aseptic technique
- Good lighting
- Sharps safety
- Scalpel holds
- Dissection and hemostasis
- Wound closure in layers
- Suturing and knot tying techniques
- Wound dressing
- Orthopedic principles
- Reduction, fixation and immobilization
- Casts, splints and slings
Optimal training experience – recommend 2-4 students per kit/surgical station
View this video of one of the multiple practical projects: “How to remove previously placed plates and screws.”
Ideal for both individuals as well as for group training: Students preparing for an Open Reduction and Internal Fixation Workshop
The Orthopedic Fracture Reduction Course’s Practical Projects:
Reduction of fractures through manipulation and immobilization
- Project CR1: The emergency management of a fracture
- Project CR2a: Closed reduction of a fracture using plaster of Paris (POP) cast
- Project CR2b: Closed reduction of a fracture using a fiberglass cast
Reduction of fractures of a long bone using ORIF
- Project OR1: Open reduction and internal fixation of a linear long bone fracture – Procedure 1
- Project OR2: Open reduction and internal fixation of a linear long bone fracture – Procedure 2
- Project OR3: Open reduction and internal fixation of a comminuted long bone fracture
- Project OR4: Open reduction and internal fixation of a segmental long bone fracture
- Project OR5: Remove plates and screws
Reduction of fractures using wire or implants
- Projects in development phase:
- Project OR6: Fixation of a longitudinal fracture using lag screws
- Project OR7: Fixation of a fracture using stainless steel wires
- Project OR8: Fixation of a fracture using intra-medullary rods
- Project OR9: Fixation of an animal cadaver fracture
- Project OR10: Fixation of fractures using Sawbones
- Project OR11: Fixation of a fracture using external fixators
- Project OR12: Repair a fracture using a bone graft
- Project OR13: Repair a fractured mandible
Research project ideas:
- Project RI1 A Comparative study of the post-operative bone strength of a fixated long bone fracture
- Project RI2 Design a research project using Sawbones
- Project RI3 Compare the wound strength using a variety of suturing techniques
Your Simulation Lab in a box!
All Fracture Kits are issued with one Linear Fracture Simulation Arm
- Course reference: MED AD606-ORTHO
- Short description: Certified Basic Orthopedic Surgical Skills Course
- Course material available: Online only (receive link after ordering the Future Doctors Orthopedic Course and Kit).
- Credits: Earn 60 credit-hours of Orthopedic Surgery training.
- Accreditation: International Association for Distance Learning (IADL) – recognized nationally and internationally .
- NGSS: Aligned with recommended “Next Generation Science Standards”
- Flexible starting date: Start any day — all year round.
- Course duration: Students get 90 days for completing the course (excluding shipping time).
- Eligibility: A wide range of medical professional students who wants to acquire basic surgical and orthopedic skill – including junior orthopedic residents, medical students, PA students, paramedics and many more!
- Assessment: Twenty multiple choice questions and 2 clinical assignments. Students first complete course – then request the Assessment Module online link when ready.
- Minimum pass grade: 75%
- Certification: Students who pass the Assessment Module will receive an *Apprentice Doctor® Future Doctors Orthopedic Surgery Skills Certificate
One of the highlights of the Envision-Experience Advanced Medical Programs!
The Future Doctors Orthopedic Course is an International Association of Distance Learning (IADL) approved, certified course and the Future Doctors Academy is an accredited member of the IADL.