Orthopedic Fracture Reduction Training Course and Practice Kit
Experience the intensity of real orthopedic surgery today!
Perform amazingly realistic simulation surgery. Get practical experience and insight into basic surgical principles. Suture the surgical wound in layers. Practice various open and closed reduction methods. Get an IADL approved certificate for Orthopedic training to add to your portfolio. Practice at home or wherever you are.
Free Shipping | 100% Money-back Satisfaction Guarantee | 100% Secure Shopping
The Apprentice Doctor® Fracture Reduction Kit and Accredited Orthopedic Course
An Illustrated hands-on basic surgical skills and orthopedic course with accompanying simulation kit. Use the orthopedic kit to complete the online future doctors orthopedic course! Gain dozens of basic surgical & orthopedic skills! The Future Doctors Academy Orthopedic Course and Fracture Reduction Kit is ideal for ‘basic surgical skills workshops’ to train a wide variety of medical professionals.
Lay a solid foundation for these surgical skills:
- Basic surgical principles
- Sterility and aseptic technique
- Good lighting
- Sharps safety
- Scalpel holds
- Dissection and hemostasis
- Wound closure in layers
- Suturing and knot tying techniques
- Wound dressing
- Orthopedic principles
- Reduction, fixation and immobilization
- Casts, splints and slings
Optimal training experience – recommend 2-4 students per kit/surgical station
View this video of one of the multiple practical projects: “How to remove previously placed plates and screws.”
Ideal for both individuals as well as for group training: Students preparing for an Open Reduction and Internal Fixation Workshop
The Orthopedic Fracture Reduction Course’s Practical Projects:
Reduction of fractures through manipulation and immobilization
- Project CR1: The emergency management of a fracture
- Project CR2a: Closed reduction of a fracture using plaster of Paris (POP) cast
- Project CR2b: Closed reduction of a fracture using a fiberglass cast
Reduction of fractures of a long bone using ORIF
- Project OR1: Open reduction and internal fixation of a linear long bone fracture – Procedure 1
- Project OR2: Open reduction and internal fixation of a linear long bone fracture – Procedure 2
- Project OR3: Open reduction and internal fixation of a comminuted long bone fracture
- Project OR4: Open reduction and internal fixation of a segmental long bone fracture
- Project OR5: Remove plates and screws
Reduction of fractures using wire or implants
- Projects in development phase:
- Project OR6: Fixation of a longitudinal fracture using lag screws
- Project OR7: Fixation of a fracture using stainless steel wires
- Project OR8: Fixation of a fracture using intra-medullary rods
- Project OR9: Fixation of an animal cadaver fracture
- Project OR10: Fixation of fractures using Sawbones
- Project OR11: Fixation of a fracture using external fixators
- Project OR12: Repair a fracture using a bone graft
- Project OR13: Repair a fractured mandible
Research project ideas:
- Project RI1 A Comparative study of the post-operative bone strength of a fixated long bone fracture
- Project RI2 Design a research project using Sawbones
- Project RI3 Compare the wound strength using a variety of suturing techniques
A product by:
Your Simulation Lab in a box!
All Fracture Kits are issued with one Linear Fracture Simulation Arm
Add a Comminuted Fracture Simulation Arm for $30 per arm.
Add a Segmental Fracture Simulation Arm for $30 per arm.
The Future Doctors Orthopedic Course is an International Association of Distance Learning (IADL) approved, certified course and the Future Doctors Academy is an accredited member of the IADL.