Attention all medical, healthcare and nursing professionals working with babies and toddlers!
Learning phlebotomy and IV skills in pediatric patients is challenging. A life-like affordable simulation arm for babies and toddlers is essential to reach a high level of proficiency in the simulation setting. The initial learning curve – gaining phlebotomy experience – is certainly not recommended in the clinical setting.
Do not practice your phlebotomy skills on babies and toddlers!
Suitable to practice:
- Phlebotomy – syringe and needle, butterfly needle, hub, and vacuum tube (not included).
- Setting up an IV line
It is an incredibly useful training tool for all simulation labs, medical, nursing, phlebotomy, and PA training schools.
- Training pediatric nurses
- Neonatal nurses
- All medical professionals working in the pediatric environment
- Ideal for groups and individuals
- Perfect for aspiring, in-training, and practicing medical professionals
- The product comes in light and dark complexion skin tones, and is remarkably life-like.
- Veins accessible to practice on the ventral arm, dorsum of the hand, and in the wrist area.
- The simulation vein’s outer diameter is 3.8 mm, and the inner diameter is 1.5 mm.
- The tubes will reseal multiple times if used and cared for according to recommendations and instructions for use.
The following items are included:
- One Baby phlebotomy training arm (light or dark) (1)
- Reservoir container with IV tubing (1)
- Reservoir bag with tubing (1)
- Connectors (2)
- Worksurface cover (1)
- Needles and syringes 1ml and needle (X1)
- Needles and syringes 2ml (X3)
- Gloves – TPE/Vinyl (Medium) 1 pair
- Alcohol Prep Squares (6)
Note: The package does not contain a stand. An IV stand is available as an optional extra.
- Although the arm’s skin does not contain latex – the vein tubes do – we recommend extreme caution for persons with hypersensitivity to latex. Contraindicated for all persons with a severe latex allergy!
- The package contains sharp items – all medical sharps regulations apply.
Important: The Apprentice Doctor® Baby Phlebotomy Training arms are only available to medical professionals, medical professionals in training, and to registered medical simulation labs and other related medical training facilities – no exceptions. If you do not fall under one of these categories – kindly return unopened to sender.