Complete the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course and get even the most difficult patients to open up
Here’s the thing…
There are huge gaps in medical training programs when it comes to patient communication. In fact, the programs often leave “people skills” for medical students to figure out on their own.
Yet, your communication skills are the key to understanding your patient’s medical problems.
The Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course will take the guesswork out of talking to patients and give you the people skills you need for an exceptional medical career. After all, medicine is communication. But patients often find it difficult to discuss their symptoms, feelings and lifestyle choices.
And if that information remains locked up — if you cannot get a patient to talk — you are diagnosing in the dark. In other words, you can have the greatest medical skills, but to truly excel, you need a profound understanding of your patients’ psychological needs.
You need to know how to talk to your patients. With the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine course, you’ll learn how to communicate with confidence and turn the most difficult patient into a trusting communicator.
You’ll learn skills that seasoned practitioners wish they’d had when they started out.
Take the stress out of patient communication today.
Here’s an Overview of the Behavioral Science in Medicine Course
- Course reference: PREMED AD605-BSM
- Course description: Certified Behavioral Science in Medicine Course for all aspiring doctors and medical professionals.
- Credits: Earn 45 logged hours of extracurricular medical training.
- Accreditation: Recognized both nationally and internationally. The Apprentice Doctor® is a fully-accredited member of the International Association for Distance Learning (IADL).
- Flexible starting date: There are no admission dates – you are free to start any day — all year round.
- Course duration: In keeping with the high-pressure medical environment, students must complete the course within 90 days (excluding shipping time – if applicable).
- Assessment: Twenty multiple choice questions and 2 clinical assignments. Students first complete the course – then request the Assessment Module online link when ready.
- Minimum passing grade: 70%
- Certification: Students who pass the Assessment Module will receive an Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course Certificate.
- Eligibility: This course will benefit pre-medical students and qualified medical professionals who want to improve their patient communication skills. This course will also benefit aspiring medical students in high school (grade 10-12).
Note: When you order the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine course, you’ll be able to choose from two formats:
- The Online Version – you will get access to the course material after ordering.
- The DVD version – you will receive access to the online course, as well as, 3 Behavioral Science DVDs (PC and DVD-players) + 1 Behavioral Science CD-ROM (PC and Mac) in the mail.
Upon completing the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course, you will be able to identify and discuss:
- Behavioral factors in human health and disease, and how these factors can be modified.
- Disease causation as a “complete picture” — one that includes biomedical and behavioral approaches.
- Factors that contribute to patient well-being, including the obstacles that slow patient progress.
- Stressors that impact patient health (e.g. addiction and pain management).
- Patients’ risky behaviors and offer appropriate interventions to help them manage and overcome behaviors that pose a health risk.
Additionally, you will be able to:
- Express genuine empathy as you conduct patient assessments. This will enrich your doctor-patient relationships, and you’ll see an increase in patient compliance.
- Respond to patients as individuals — not just their symptoms — thus delivering exemplary patient care.
- Define ethical and professional dilemmas, as well as identify cultural factors that contribute to patient health.
- Diffuse difficult patient interactions by identifying and managing key personality traits.
Master patient communication, enrich your medical knowledge and enhance your career in medicine today.
What to expect once you receive the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course
Meet your instructor Dr. Godfrey Sears – Behavioral Sciences expert
- Under Dr. Sears’s instruction, you’ll work through the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course material (online or DVD’s). The suggested minimum study time is 45 hours.
- When you are done with the course material, you can complete the assessment module. The minimum time before ordering the assessment module is 6 weeks and the maximum time allowed is 3 months.
- To complete the assessment module, you will request a unique link to the online Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course assessment module. Please note: The scores our examiners give are final.
- Successful candidates will receive a printable Apprentice Doctor® Certificate with an IADL stamp — by email — in approximately 7 business days.
- Once you complete the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course, you can continue building your medical school portfolio with other Apprentice Doctor® career-enhancing courses.
We are offering a 50% discount to the first 51 people who sign up for the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course. Act quickly to claim the discount using the coupon code “FIRST51” at the checkout.
Hone your patient communication skills today for a successful and enjoyable medical career.
Online Access to the Behavioral Science Course Only $99
Online Access + 3 Behavioral Science DVDs and the CD-ROM Only $119
Remember, you don’t have to learn patient communication “from experience.” That’s the hard way. Instead, learn how to communicate with every patient with confidence. No more awkward interactions. No more frustration.
Get the Apprentice Doctor® Behavioral Science in Medicine Course today!
Free priority shipping in the USA (3-4 days) – Free shipping in Canada (appx. 1 week) – International shipping (1-2 weeks)
The Apprentice Doctor® is a Fully-Accredited Member of the International Association for Distance Learning (IADL)