Whether you’re a medical student, training nurse, paramedic, veterinarian, or just someone who wants to learn how to suture in case of an emergency then this is the best suture kit for you! Why?
- The video training course included was made by an experienced surgeon with over 25 years of experience.
- The suturing course is available online, but a CD is also included.
- The comprehensive training material is suitable for someone completely new to suturing. All the basics are comprehensively covered. Once learned you can start with intermediate and advanced suturing techniques and surgical knot tying methods.
- The suture kit has more than just the three basic suturing instruments. It’s a 20-piece suturing kit in a convenient portable black zipper bag that includes everything you need to start suturing today: Suturing instruments, many different kinds of sutures and suturing needles for stitching-up wounds, and 3-layered foam skin pads. (A silicone-based imitation skin is available in our online shop.)
- The Apprentice Doctor’s suture kit has illustrations, tutorials, and video training that offers a proven method for effectively training you to skillfully perform the art and science of suturing.
Get a professional suturing simulation experience designed to do one thing: Effectively train you to skilfully perform suturing techniques and surgical knot tying with confidence.
- Learn the best suturing techniques and knot tying methods used by surgeons across the world. The suturing mastery course was created by Dr. Anton Scheepers (maxillo-facial and oral surgeon – reconstruction of the face and jaw.)
- Practice & perfect what you learn using the all-in-one suturing kit.
- Gain confidence tying surgical knots and placing sutures before working on real people.
Suturing Kit Tutorials:
- How to tie various surgical knots:
- a square knot
- a granny’s knot
- a surgeon’s knot
- How to tie surgical knots using:
- Hand tying methods
- 1-handed instrument methods
- 2-handed instrument methods
- How to place:
- subcutaneous sutures
- interrupted sutures
- interrupted sutures with buried knots
- continuous sutures
- continuous interrupted sutures
- horizontal mattress sutures
- vertical mattress sutures
- “far-and-near” sutures
- continuous subcuticular sutures
- purse string sutures
Also Included in the Training:
- The correct technique for removing sutures
- How to correctly line up wound margins
- How to evert a wound’s edges when suturing and why that’s important
- How to correct the “dog’s ear” suturing defect
- How to avoid ugly scars
- How to professionally care for wounds
- Correct techniques for holding your suturing instruments
- How to treat wounds aseptically to minimize the chance of infection
- The complications of suturing and how to prevent them
- Real world suturing case studies
The Suturing Set Includes:
- x1 Suture skills training CD (also online)
- x2 Three-layered imitation skin sheets
- x5 Sachets surgical sutures with needles attached
- x2 Sachets of 3/0 silk braided sutures
- x2 Sachets of 3/0 nylon monofilament sutures
- x1 Suture Sachet 3/0 chromic catgut absorbable
- x3 Silk suture thread rolls
- x2 Sachets of x6 half-circle no. 16 eyed suturing needles
The Suture Practice Kit’s Instruments:
- x1 Suture kit instrument carry bag
- x1 Straight needle holder with latch
- x1 Medium scissors (blunt/sharp)
- x1 Small scissors (pointed)
- x1 Scalpel (38 mm / 1 inch)
- x2 Skin hooks
- x1 Probe (pointed)
- x1 Medium tissue forceps (rat-toothed)
- x1 Small forceps (flat)
- Get a well-rounded knowledge of suturing techniques and surgical knots used by surgeons around the world from maxillofacial and oral surgeon Dr. Anton Scheepers.
- Immediately practice & perfect what you learn using the 20-piece suturing kit, suture skin pads, and a variety of sutures by following the step-by-step suturing tutorials, videos, and illustrations.
I was simply amazed to see the dramatic improvement in my students’ suturing skills since using this incredible kit in our surgical skills workshops.
Dr. John Clayton
I must say I was very worried that this might have been a scam with trash quality instruments. I desperately needed to practice my suture skills and took a chance, ordering the kit online. The kit arrived after only 3 days and to my amazement the course material and presentation was superbly professional. The kit had real surgical quality instruments.
Trish Levinson, 3rd Year Veterinary Student, MA
The Apprentice Doctor Suturing course has become a prerequisite for qualifying to enter our Emergency Room – before students can gain clinical experience on real patients.
Janet Holder, Head of Clinical Nursing Skills, AZ
Dear Dr Scheepers, thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed.
Samantha, 2nd year medical student, NY