The Apprentice Doctor® On Campus Accredited Medical and Surgical Skills Camps for Aspiring Medical Professionals at Pre-Med Level!
The 2015 Future Doctors Programs are completed!
Camp Type: Residential Academic
Camp Classification: Accredited Medical and Surgical Skills Camp
Camp: Accredited Medical and Surgical Skills Camp
Dates: June 15-19, 2015
Booking status: Completed – great experience!
Eligibility: High School students (Grade 10 – 12) as well as Premed Students (1 – 4 )
The Apprentice Doctor® Presents the Ultimate, Accredited Premedical Camps/Workshops/Conferences. Do Not Miss This for Anything!
Attendees of previous Camps having a great time!
Available spots always fills up fast! So book your spot early to attend this life-changing, week long medical immersion experience. Ideal for all students interested (or considering) a career in medicine. Jump-start your medical career and build your resume at the same time. Attending this camp is a great opportunity to all Pre-medical students at all ages. If you are serious about following a career in medicine then you cannot miss this for anything!
The Apprentice Doctor® 2015 Camp High Profile Keynote Speaker: TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Or download the program registration form: CLICK HERE
The Easy Application Process
- First, you need to fill in and submit The Registration Form . After a few days, The Apprentice Doctor® staff will reply to let you know if your application was successful. Click here to fill in the registration form
- Second, successful applicants must pay a $50 reservation fee. Click here to settle the $50 spot reservation fee
- Third, you need to pay the camp fee. The price varies depending the option you select. Details are given at the bottom of this page. Please settle the tuition fee ($850 for day-students and $1195 for sleep-over students) at the latest by May 22, 2015. See links below
Real hands-on medical skills practical workshops:
Workshop 1: Hands Hygiene in a Clinical Setting Workshop 2: How to Scrub for Surgery Workshop 3: How to Draw Blood and set-up an IV Line Workshop 4: Heart Sounds, Oximetry and Heart Rate Workshop 5: Suturing Workshop How to Tie Surgical Knots and Suture Wounds Workshop 6: Airway management – using mannequins
Workshop 7: Reduction and Fixation of a Fractured Bone Other Workshops: Many other Interesting Practicals
(Note dates: June 15-19)
To all Prospective Medical Professionals at Pre-Med level (any year): Come and enjoy a week dedicated to your future career in medicine – learning and doing a large variety of medical things using the accredited and acclaimed Apprentice Doctor Course material. International students also most welcome. Students came from all across the world as far as Sweden! Visit the USF Simulation facility at of the University of South Florida Medical School – lots of fun, lots of medical activities and medical workshops! Medical students will assist in workshops and give you advice on how to succeed!
Getting into Medical school is highly competitive!
The days of getting into medical school with only top grades to offer are forever gone – students need to load their resume with a lot more – they must convince the selection committee that they are REALLY serious about becoming a doctor by adding the extras that will distinguish them from the average applicant. Prof Andrew Mason – Selection committee various Med Schools
10 reasons why you should attend The Apprentice Doctor’s Pre Medical Camp:
- A week of medical immersion is sure to impress any pre medical program/medical school selection committee
- Prepare yourself with numerous clinical skills
- Learn “How to Suture a Wound” the same training that numerous medical students are getting
- Visit a Simulation Lab and get a hands-on experience
- Add an accredited Apprentice Doctor® certificate to your resume
- Get premedical academic credits – The Apprentice Doctor is a member of the IADL (International Association of Distance Learning).
- Meet like minded students and exchange ideas and information
- Get the opportunity to start an Apprentice Doctor Chapter or Club at your school
- You will be able to scrub up for surgery – making a visit to the O.R. a more meaningful experience
- Get emergency medicine training
A full 100% of attendees at The Apprentice Doctor® 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 and 2014 camps say they would absolutely recommend the camp to their friends!
I would recommend this camp to anyone interested in the medical field. Frankie
Dr Anton really knew his stuff and was a great teacher. The hands-on activities and field trips were all fun. Albert
Get the feeling of real med school. Byron
I would recommend this camp to anyone interested in pursuing a career in any medical field. Jon
This camp is a great way to gain information in a short period of time. Great activities and the doctors are excellent! Pat
Just yesterday I competed in Florida Region 1 HOSA. I competed in medical terminology and won 1st place. The information I learned from your camp has helped me with my competition, so I want to thank you for that! . Summer
Dr Anton was an especially superb teacher. I enjoyed his vast amount of knowledge, and all the information I learned during camp. Austin
The camp was very interesting. I learned about a lot of new tools and techniques used in the field of medicine, I also learned a lot of new vocabulary for parts of the body. Amy
Regardless of current knowledge, if you are interested in the medical field you will enjoy this interactive process at the apprentice doctor camp. Michelle
The Apprentice Doctor® was a fun experience that allowed me to learn more about the medical field. Herman
International Presenter and Host:
Dr. Anton Scheepers | Practicing Maxillofacial and Oral Surgeon, Developer of The Apprentice Doctor training resources and founder of The Apprentice Corporation
Dr. Dexter M. Frederick, MD
Internal Medicine, Pediatrics – Director BEST Academy
The quality of the workshop and the resources that you provide and the passion that you clearly bring to the activity have all resulted in an exceptionally high level of positive feedback from the schools that have participated in the workshop. David Kramer, Chief Executive Officer, Discovery Science Center, Newtown, SA
The Camp program
At camp you will
- Learn how to perform 20 of the most common healthcare skills that doctors use on a daily basis via multiple practical workshops.
- Take part in a bodily sounds workshop – including understanding the difference between normal heart sounds and heart murmurs.
- Learn how to care for wounds and how to suture wounds like a surgeon.
- Learn the basic principles of pulse oximetry. A real medical Finger Pulse Oximeter is included.
- Take part in a emergency medicine practical session.
- Be in a Scrubs Workshop, where you will learn the basic principles of sterility, asepsis and scrubbing, and where you will ‘glove and gown’ like a real surgeon!
- Real patient case studies with in depth discussions.
- Complete one session on the strategic planning of your life with “Jump-start Your Life.” This is absolutely essential information that is invaluable in order to succeed in such a demanding career!
- Jumpstart your career with The Apprentice Doctor® Medical Course – one of the best tools available to launch a career as a medical professional!
- Learn the reason why medical students are able to retain such an enormous amount of information with apparent ease.
- Connect and make friends for life with other young people from across the world who are also pursuing a career in medicine.
- Increase your chances of being successfully accepted and in a premedical course and later on in medical school.
- Get information and guidance on a variety of medical/healthcare careers.
- Make perfectly sure that a career in medicine/healthcare is meant for you.
At the end, you will receive The Apprentice Doctor® Certificate.
You can add this credential to your resume as well as include it with your application to any university/medical school! This course is highly recommended for students and scholars who are interested in a career as a medical doctor, or as a medical specialist such as a surgeon, dentist but also for aspiring professional nurses, EMTs/paramedics, physiotherapists, etc.
Attendees: Maximum of 20 students to ensure one-on-one, individual attention maximizing the collaborative learning experience. Venue: University of South Florida Campus Tampa FL. Extensive Duration: Five Incredible Days of ‘Medical Immersion,’ Daily classes run from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm June 15 to 19, 2015. Security: Extensive Camp and Campus security protocol is in place. Police emergency beacons in place all-over the campus!
Register early to avoid disappointment!
Or download a registration from: Click Here
Click here to settle the non-refundable $50 place reservation fee:
Option 1: Sleep-over / all inclusive (preferred):
Accommodation meals and tuition – all inclusive package for $1195 Included are: tuition fee, 3 medical kits, medical instruments and items ($850) plus accommodation at preferential rates – staying at the University of South Florida Student Dormitories – your own room or share a room with other same gender Apprentice doctors® for 5 nights ($295). Breakfast and lunch provided. Supper not included – on-campus food outlets are available in the near vicinity. Click here to pay for the all inclusive package $1195:
Click on the link below to pay in 4 monthly installments of $300:
Option 2: “Day students”:
If you reside close to USF or if you prefer to arrange your own accommodation and commute to venue daily — cost for tuition only: $850 Included are: Tuition fees, 3 medical kits, medical instruments and items as well as lunch. Accommodation NOT included. Important: The Campus accommodation is part of the ‘university’ experience – so kindly consider “Option 1” as the preferred option. Day students – $850:
Click on the link below to settle tuition fee in 4 monthly installments of $215:
Kindly settle the Camp/conference fees ($850 for day students and $1195 for sleep-over students) at the latest by May 31, 2015 Enquiries: (toll-free): +1 (855) 445 7444
Camp tuition includes medical instruments and items worth over $450:
- One Apprentice Doctor® Foundation Kit with real medical instruments and items
- One Apprentice Doctor® Stitch up Wounds Kit with real surgical instruments and items
- One Real medical Pulse Oximeter!
- One “Jumpstart Your Life” book
The use of numerous medical instruments and disposable items like:
- Disposable surgical gowns, gloves theater caps and gloves
- The Apprentice Doctor® surgical scrubs at a discount price