The Apprentice Doctor® Full-Body Adult – Nursing and Trauma Manikin is ideal for simulation training for a variety of trauma as well as nursing procedures and tasks.
- Trauma and emergency medicine training: The manikin comes complete with burns, lacerations, and broken bones – offering a realistic experience in the identification, assessment, treatment, and transport of trauma patients and disaster victims.
- Nursing training: It is a great tool for teaching a variety of routine and specialized nursing tasks.
- Forensic medicine and CSI training: It also works well as a manikin for crime scene simulation projects.
Note: Contains no latex.
The Apprentice Doctor® Nursing and Trauma Manikin unboxing instructions:
Suitable for the following simulation training:
- General nursing tasks: Hair and face washing, sponge bathing, replacing clothes, repositioning/turning patients in bed, etc.
- Eye and ear washing and administering eye/ear drops
- Oral cavity hygiene and care
- Endotracheal intubation
- Tracheotomy care
- Suctioning of oral secretions
- Ventilation (Inflatable lungs)
- Feeding with a nasal/oral feeding tube
- Ostomy care
- Phlebotomy and IV Skills
- Intramuscular injections (Deltoid, Gluteus and Vastus lateralis)
- Subcutaneous injections
- Lumbar puncture
- Female urethral catheterization and bladder irrigation
- Male urethral catheterization and bladder irrigation
Trauma evaluation and care of the trauma patient
A large variety of simulation injuries
Simulation training on the management of lacerations and how to care for a large number of wounds in the following parts of the body:
- Chest wall
- Abdominal wall
- Abdominal wound with small intestine evisceration
- Thigh and legs
- Shoulder and arms
- Infective ulcer care (leg)
- Upper arm amputation and wound care
- Below knee amputation and wound care
- Foot gangrene and various toe wound
- Facial wounds
- Various burn injuries (face/extremities) 1, 2, 3 degree
- Various fractures (Femur, tibia, clavicle, humerus, and hand)
- Gunshot injury hand
- Amputation stump of the upper arm
- Amputation stump of a leg
Dr. Anton Scheepers (store manager) –
Good value for money!